Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Another run in with the mean lady
So yesterday morning while shopping, I ran into the mean lady from the other night, the one that tried her hardest to make me hate myself for not having kids, and she brought it up again!
I was standing in the check out line and she was behind me, and she said that she had been praying for me all week, and that she hoped that sometime down the line I would be able to have kids. 
I am not good at confrontation like this, and I got so angry that I started to cry. I just didn’t know how to confront this woman on her ignorance. 
My medical issue can’t be prayed away, and my husband and I have been married for almost 20 years without kids, and I can’t imagine what having one would do to our dynamic. But that’s not really my issue. It’s that this person has been praying for me over something that I don’t feel is an issue, that this person thinks I am less because I am not a mom. 
So, I am glad our shop is right next door to our local market and spent a good 20 minutes crying over how stupid people can be at times, and not understanding why she felt the need to bring it up again. 
I think I might need advice on dealing with her, since she might be at our weekend breakfasts, and showing up at dinner parties and stuff, I just don’t know how to do it without getting emotional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment