Saturday, April 19, 2014

She ignited a fire within me. A ravenous desire that circulated first through my heart, very soon touching every major artery to small vein, and very carefully expanding the warmth of belonging until I had nothing left to do but to concede to the fact that I do indeed love her. It was frightening, the concept of it all, to miraculously question all the walls I once deemed so necessary to put up. Walls built so remarkably high that I doubted anyone’s ability to even fracture it.. and I was right. I’ve come to the realization that this wall I brought up to protect can only be let down by my own accord. She was so patient. She waited outside, not trying to break but to fathom the beauty of why they were up in the first place. I was endlessly fascinating to her, and I grow fearful that once the walls are absent, she will be too. Mementos that once reminded me of previous lovers no longer peer into the past, but envisage into the future where I stand, hand in hand, with her. Possibly, in hopes that she will be the one, true love, of my entire life.

No comments:

Post a Comment