Sunday, May 4, 2014

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about what I want out of life. I’ve come to the realization that I don’t want to be miserable like everyone else. I don’t want to go four extra years of school for a career that only has a chance of working out. I don’t want to go to school four extra years for a lousy piece of paper. I don’t want to go to school for four extra years, literally paying for more debt. I don’t want to owe any money if I don’t have to. I don’t want to be a part of the shitty system. I want to be different. I want to be independent. I want to learn from the world around me, not from stupid lectures at college. I want to learn from experience. I want to live a life that people see and say “I didn’t know that was possible.” I want to break the sterio type that only with a degree can you be a successful member of society. I want to pursue my dreams of impacting lives and changing minds of people set in their ways. I honestly think that I need an alternative lifestyle, not a cookie cutter spitting image of the so called “American Dream”. If I was born free, I want to really be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment