Saturday, March 22, 2014

This is the story of us.
August 14, 2012… That was the day I met him. It was pretty funny actually- it all started… With a look.
My friend and I were walking around the local mall and we were going down a ramp and there he was. Gray shirt and his crimson jeans, I swear to you… The universe gave us that moment, we had a brief glance and carried on. Although, I wanted to go back and catch up with him.. I felt that it was too late so we went on with our day. 
We started to get hungry, so we went to the food court, as we split up to look for our cravings, I picked Chick-Fil-A and coincidently, he was there. I took a little sneak peek at him- I took a guess that he was a gentlemen and by his body language, I could tell he would let me go in front of him and damn, was I right. As I internally fangirled, I was hoping the next register would be opened so I could find a reason to talk to him and like clock-work, the register beside me opened.. I heard his name and found a conversation starter, I couldn’t let the opportunity pass me.. So after our small talk, he looked like he was about to walk away but then (and this is one of his favorite part of us meeting) I stuttered the words “c-c-can I have your number?” And to my surprise, we exchanged numbers. It wasn’t long until he called me and asked my friend and I to sit with him but I told him to sit with us instead and so he did, a lot of small talk happened and we found out we had a 3 and half year age gap but.. It didn’t bother us. He kept looking at me, I knew why.. It’s just- he was looking at me with such amazement. We spent the whole day together after that, then we would text nonstop.. Then it turned into late night calls and sleeping on the phone together. As time went on, we started to get to know each other more. I opened up to him and tell him my situation- see, my ex boyfriend was still in my life. My mother didn’t want me to break up with him, so she tried her best to keep him around. Well, Jovaughn understood.. The time came for my mom to meet him, so I surprised him at work and told him he’s meeting her and he was okay with that. So my mom met him and.. it didn’t work out, my mom is so judgmental.. So it was nerve racking but we shook it off. After the meeting, we walked around the mall all cute and shit and that day was the first day we kissed. 
Our relationship was never easy, my mom never liked him so we kept my relationship away from her but we let the world know. He is my best friend, he’s my rock and he’s just my everything. Words can’t describe the feelings I have for him, he’s my blessing. We have been together for a year and four months strong, he’s turning 21 this coming July and I’ll be turning 18 on January 2015 in that same month, I’ll be moving in with him. 
That’s our story, something we talk about to this very day. We talk about memories that seemed liked they happened yesterday. 
He taught me how to love and trust. He wrote the definition of “falling in love” for me.. Whenever I look at him it’s like the first time.
I love you babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment