Sunday, March 23, 2014

Wanted to let you all know that after weeks of consideration and tonight’s events, I’m leaving the fandom. I will still love the boys and support them, still fight for and defend them, of course, but I just can’t sit here while the people who claim they love them are the same ones constantly brow beating them. It is too upsetting to see, especially since I can’t protect them from it. I can’t stand coming on here, or on twitter and seeing ‘fans’ attack them for every move they make. This fandom is never happy and it sucks because you can tell the boys only want to make us happy. They hardly use Twitter anymore because it’s no use- some of you will always be unhappy. There’s simply too much drama, too much strife that I can’t shield them from, and that’s what hurts me the most, and that’s why I’m leaving. 
I refuse to associate myself with this fandom anymore; the things I’ve seen and the things this fandom has done: the hate, the drama, the arguing back and forth like spoiled children, are things that will never be a part of who I am as an individual, and I will not accept being in the same group as people like this.
So that’s it, really. I’ll still be around somewhere if you wanna talk. But this fandom causes more stress than relief, and it’s not fun like it used to be. And I don’t think it ever will be again.

No comments:

Post a Comment