Sunday, March 23, 2014

Warning: talks about child hood trauma
My mother was molested as a child and she’s just recently told a few people. She still hasn’t told her mom. I was raped almost 8 years ago and I have spent the last year working through it and realizing how much that one event impacted my life. My recent step was telling my mom…her reaction was not what I thought it would be. There was instant anger towards the person who did it and questions. The first being ” why didn’t you tell me sooner?” I looked at her an thought a minuet then decided to be honest. ” I thought it would kill you. You have always been caring an protective. And when you told me about what happened to you and how you pray nothing like that would happen to me or my sister I thought you would blame yourself. Why haven’t you told your mom?”
She looked sad for a moment and truly dropped the mask all mothers wear ” because it would kill her”
It’s funny how we see things from different perspectives and yet we are all so similar. My life has gotten so much better now that I’ve begun to talk about what happened and I just wanted to offer an ear to anyone who has or may be going through this. It’s tough but something like that makes us stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment