Monday, March 10, 2014

Mom's Message of Life After Death

What happened to me occurred after my mom passed away in North Hollywood, California on October 10, 2000. It really started about two years prior to my mom passing away. I was driving my mom back home after spending the night at West Hills Hospital. My aunt -- my mother's older sister -- passed away from complications of her first and only chemotherapytreatment.
During the drive home, my mom and I talked about what happens after someone passes away. Making a long story short, my mother promised to come back after she died and let me know that she is alright.
It was in 1998 that my mother was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. She opted for chemotherapy, which extended her life by two years. The last six months of my mom's life was painful and left me with memories I would prefer not to have, but I gladly accept these memories because my mom wanted to die at home, not in the hospital.
During the last six months, my mom suffered with painful tumors that would surface in different areas of her weakened body. She felt a soothing temporary relief from the pain of these tumors with using the product Icy Hot. I would gently rub the lotion onto the tumor, which took away some of the pain. Icy Hot has a very distinct smell, the same scent as Bengay -- a wintergreen scent. Each time I applied this ointment, I would thoroughly wash my hands with soap and water to rid the smell.
The last two weeks my mom was cared for by hospice and morphine was administered by the nurses. I stayed close to my mom and prayed with her. I washed her face and combed her hair. The nurses nor myself used the Icy Hot ointment during those last two weeks of my mother's life. My mom could no longer talk while being medicated.
My mother died early Tuesday morning on October 10, 2000 in her own home. My brothers and sister were there as the mortuary came and respectfully took her body away. Later that same morning, my older brother asked me if I could drive him to a doctor appointment. I agreed, and rather than going into the office with him I chose to wait in my Jeep.
My mother never sat in my Jeep. It had been at least two weeks since I was exposed to the Icy Hot ointment, yet while I was waiting for my brother to come back out to my car, out of nowhere I could smell that very strong and familiar scent of Icy Hot. My mother made a promise to come back after dying and let me know that she was alright.
One might discount this as a mere coincidence, but I believe in life after death and I am open to and I accept these encounters as real and comforting. My mom is alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment