Monday, May 5, 2014

Life doesn’t always go as planned. But something that you do have control over is how you approach things. Success is something that doesn’t happen. Take matters into your hands: don’t give in to distractions and keep your goal in mind.
The doctor I work for told me something a few days ago. He used to grow a peach tree, and every few days, he would pluck off the little peaches. One of the other workers asked “Why would you pluck off all those peaches, then you’ll have less of them” and the doctor responded “The reason why I took those peaches off relates to life also. Yes, I would be getting more peaches in the end, but there is a difference between having more peaches and having better and bigger peaches. The tree only has so many nutrients, so those little peaches were taking nutrients away from the bigger ones. Don’t be distracted by the little things that don’t matter or you will never make it to your bigger goals.”

I never really thought about goals like this. But it really makes me reevaluate my priorities and goals. I will continue to keep working hard to achieve what I want to. Don’t stand in my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment