Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Pro-life people weren’t there for me when I was hauled off to the ER during a Chorale rehearsal, my heart pounding at 160 BPM just to keep my blood flowing because I was so dehydrated.
Pro-life people didn’t offer to help pay my hospital bills and help me gain access to the IV nutrition and anti-nausea meds that might have allowed me to carry to term had I not miscarried.
Pro-life people do not care that I vomited a dozen (or more) times a day for 5 weeks straight. They’ve told me on several dozen occasions, when I share my story, that a “real” mother would have died rather than even consider abortion.
Pro-life people don’t care that I actually miscarried - they tell me that I’m still a murderer because I didn’t die for my “child.”
Pro-life people tell me that I just had “morning sickness” and that I should get my tubes tied since I couldn’t handle being pregnant.
Pro-life people did not help me when I vomited and vomited and continued to vomit until there was nothing left but bile and blood from the broken vessels in my esophagus.
Pro-choice people at Planned Parenthood took me under their care, gave me antibiotics when I miscarried, gave me another ultrasound to make sure that I hadn’t retained any tissue, and enabled me to get a prescription for birth control pills rather than continuing to use condoms and risk having another one break.
Pro-life people are there every time I go to Planned Parenthood for pap smears and birth control. They curse at me, tell me that I’m going to Hell, wave around their signs full of pictures of aborted fetuses, and threaten all of the other “sluts” and “whores” who go there, no matter what the reason. 

No comments:

Post a Comment