Friday, March 7, 2014

It was late, on a cool august night. We were in my room sprawled across my bed, never failing to make the most out of a tiny room. If it weren’t for the flicker of the television, it would have been pitch black. We exchanged witty jokes back and forth, the kind where there are no pauses. You don’t think, you’re not worried about what you’re saying. You just say it. In the middle of a playful argument, I turn my back to you and laid on my side. My arms were tucked into my chest, but not too tight. My tank top and my shorts were twisted up in all the wrong directions, but you didn’t seem to notice or care. I felt you crawling across my bed. With hesitation, out of fear of rejection, you bent down and planted a kiss on my upper arm. Building up your courage, you kissed all the way up my arm, to my shoulder, to my neck, to my cheek. At one point you were kissing my arm and you didn’t notice that I stole a peek. The light behind you made you look from some other world. I couldn’t make out most of your features. While your skin looked light, I could see your dark eyebrows forming a perfect arc. I could see your long lashes meeting each other as you closed your eyes. Your hair was tucked perfectly behind your ear. You were perfect. I couldn’t find flaws in you if I tried to. I could feel you pull yourself up. You looked down at me and said my name. It sent shivers down my spine. You asked me to turn around and face you, so I did. I would have done anything, if you asked me. You asked me if I was nervous, and I lied. My mouth was so dry and my insides were screaming so loud I couldn’t understand them. You slowly leaned down and kissed me. It was soft at first, but it became so much more. I didn’t care to remember what noise was coming from the tv, the only thing in that moment was you. I felt things I’ve never felt before, as one tear dropped on my skin, I knew you did too.
-Our First Kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment