Wednesday, March 5, 2014

My tattoo and where it came from
I am getting a tattoo. You all know this because I haven’t shut the hell up about it. All of my family is either scared or grossed out or ready to shame me because I will soon be the only person to have received one. My reason for getting it isn’t a sign of rebellion, or a show of my independence. My tattoo is a trident, based on a childhood hero, the protagonist of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. (The books, not the movies, because literature will always win and those movies made Twilight bearable.) Percy, the main protagonist started at twelve years old and I started reading the books at twelve, and they  would come out every year on my birthday, giving my young mind an instant connection with this character that was almost too good to be true. Percy was always a perfect example of what a hero should be in a realistic sense, and honestly shaped me as a person more than any other person in my life. My tattoo isn’t a useless symbol just to show the world I’m cool or a rebel, it means something to me and me alone. It something I would be proud to wear for the rest of my life. And if Rick Riordan ever reads this, though I doubt it, I want to let him know how much he shaped my young life and the person I am today in the best possible sense. By creating a hero that taught me so much, I thank him for being the best writer I have ever had the pleasure of reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment