Wednesday, March 5, 2014

I hope people can look at my life and feel like I haven’t been through hell and back. Because I have, but I’m trying not to show that. I’m trying to showcase a positive energy. I personally now hate when people “brag” about the hardships in their life to cause attention. You get the attention that you don’t really want or need to overcome those hardships. I hate to dwell on anything too long because I could miss out on a future blessing. Talking about my hardships is fine and dandy for those who believe that they cannot and will not make it. But there’s a point where you can’t just talk about the negatives, you have to talk about the positives that came out of the negatives. Stop using your hardships as a “save me from myself” sign. Only you can save yourself. A wise man said, “why did something bad have to happen in order for me to be so passionate?” (Hill Harper) Trying to get to a point where the negative things in my life do not overshadow my positives. No matter how small the positive may be, I have to embrace it. I came from a dark place and I thank God for being the only person there for me at times. And I thank God He kept me. I will continue to shine and prosper any way that I can. I will be positive. I will have energy. I will live.

No comments:

Post a Comment