Sunday, May 4, 2014

April 4, 2011
Once mentioned being in love with life
Seem like lately we’re in a fight
But today I open up my toy story**
To add a little more to the true story
I can say I know myself more than ever before
Realized happiness is something I can’t depend on anyone else for
That’s why I sit here alone…
Surrounded by beauty in its purist form
And just like it, I’m the most beautiful striped.
Striped down to the realest me
The person most will never see
Even if they do they’ll never realize it
They’re just to blinded by their own layers
I wish I could peel some of those layers off
But I just wouldn’t know where to start.
I just pray they’re like dead skin and they’ll fall.
So I’ll just focus on me since that’s the only thing I can control
As far as life.. we’re both working on it.
**Toy story refers to the notebook I was writing in at the time, that had toy story character on it… haha
Also, I think I may tweak this one… I don’t really like its flow towards the end, but I think it has potential :)

No comments:

Post a Comment