Friday, March 7, 2014

Maybe the best way to handle things
Over the coarse of my life I have dealt with problems one of two ways.  One way was to obsess over the issue, to try to figure it out for hours or days, to sit in it.  This does not solve the problem as it usually results in a lack of productivity and an extreme depression because I didn’t do anything to make myself feel better.  Another way to deal with the problem is to do things that will take my mind off of it.  The only problem with this is that in doing those things, I’m not taking any steps forward in solving my problem or coming to terms with it and the issue grows larger and becomes even harder to conquer.  So, I guess the best way to deal with these things, that works for me, is to do the things I like to do to make me feel better but at the same time take time each day to confront the issue head on and figure it out.   
-Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment